To transfer the aSISt application from the current computer to the new workstation, you need to:
1. Make a backup of the derby database using the “Preparing backup” function (ALT+A -> “Preparing backup”)
2. Download the full version of aSISt from our website (https://support.asist-xbrl.eu/en/downloads)
3. Install the aSISt application on the new computer using downloaded file
4. From the old aSISt home directory, copy the file to the new aSISt home directory:
- preferences (If you want to have the same user settings on the new workstation as on the old one).
5. Update the aSISt application to the current version using:
- local update (using file(s) downloaded from our website),
- automatic update (If you have an Internet connection and the right address to update the configuration file).
6. On the new computer, upload the backup file that was created from the old database.
7. Go to Settings (ALT+A -> Settings), click the tab: LOCAL, and then go to the tab:
Manage memory and add more memory by moving the slider further, but it is not recommended to move it to the end of the scale (the amount of available memory depends on the amount of RAM available on your computer).
8. On the old computer, rename the db.properties file [for example: db_old.properties], so that even an accidental attempt to run the application on the old computer does not interfere with the current work of aSISt.